A lot of Muslims are striving to memorize the Holy Quran. It typically takes years to Hifz the entire Quran. But still, the real challenge isn’t to memorize the Holy Quran. It is to keep it retained in your memory. It takes years of hard work, patience, and dedication to become a Hafiz e Quran. And all of this hard work can go in vain if you can’t keep it memorized.
Keeping more than 6 thousand verses in your mind for a long time may seem like a difficult task, which is true. But knowing the right tips can help you make this task easier. What increases the probability of forgetting the Holy Quran is its language. It’s because the majority of Muslims are Non-Arab. Hence, they don’t understand the meaning of the Quran which increases the chances of forgetting it.
In this post, we are going to share with you how to memorize Quran and never forget it for your whole life. You will surely find it really helpful in doing so.
Before we continue and learn about the tips to keep the Holy Quran memorized, it’s better to know why people forget it in the first place. There are a couple of reasons for it. Once we know the cause, it will get easier to know how to memorize Quran and never forget it.
What Makes People Forget The Quran?
Despite learning from heart and doing revisions, we have heard from a lot of Hafiz e Quran that they are having trouble keeping the verses memorized.
1) Lack of Revision
The main reason why people forget the Quran is because it is not saved in their long-term memory. We are able to retrieve the information from our brain only when it is stored in our long-term memory. To save it in the long-term memory, you need to revise the information. Without revising, it won’t get stored in your memory. That will lead to forgetting it.
The same is the case with the Holy Quran. Only memorizing the Quran once is not going to be enough. You need to read it regularly so it will get stored in your memory. In order to keep the Holy Quran on your fingertips, read it frequently.
2) Diversity of Language
Another reason why people forget the Holy Quran is the interference. There are a lot of verses of the Quran that sound similar to each other. As there is a diversity of language, what happens is that people often mix up these verses and get confused about whether they know the right verse or not. It also leads to forgetting the Holy Quran.
How To Memorize and Never Forget The Quran?
First, you should know about the first part of the question: how to Hifz Quran. For that purpose, you should take our online Quran memorization classes where we help you Hifz Quran online under the supervision of the most qualified and competent Quran teachers.
If you know how online Quran learning works, you know that you can memorize the Holy Quran according to your own availability. The Quran tutor will share their screen to help you memorize the verses of the Holy Quran. Now let us know how you can memorize the Quran in a way that you never forget it.
1) How Should You Memorize The New Lesson?
First, you should know how to memorize the new lessons in the most efficient way. It’s because if the foundation is strong, then it will be easier to keep the Quran memorized.
- While looking at the page, read it almost 10 times. After that, read the 1st verse of the page 10 times.
- Repeat the same verse again, but this time, without looking at it.
- Here, you will connect the next verses with the first verse starting each time from the first verse.
- When you reach the last verse, read the entire page without looking at it.
- Finally, read the page in front of someone who knows the Quran reading just to ensure that you haven’t made any mistake in memorizing the verses.
2) How Should You Revise The New Memorization?
First, you should know what new memorization means. It includes all those verses of the Quran you have memorized in the last month. Once the month ends, you should revise all these verses to retain them in your memory. Here is how you should revise the verses you have memorized in the previous month.
- Recite all those verses you Hifz in the last 5 days. After that, recite these verses in front of your online Quran tutor to know you aren’t making any mistakes.
- Revise the verses daily. In case you can’t review your memorized verses, don’t go for the new lesson.
- This revision of new verses is what makes or breaks your Hifz. It’s highly important.
- It may take you around 30 days to complete one Juz (Para), depending on your page size. Once you complete the memorization of one Juz, review it for the next five days.
- At this stage, the Juz you just Hifz, will be called the old memorization.
3) How Should You Revise The Old Memorization?
You are now in the old memorization stage. Follow these steps to revise your old memorization to never forget it. This is the strategy to revise the entire Holy Quran at once.
- Review five pages daily when revising the first to third juz.
- Revise half juz, around 10 pages, when revising from 4th to 7th Juz.
- Revise 20 pages between 7 to 15 Juz. It’s around 1 Juz.
- Revise 30 pages between 15 to 20 Juz. It’s around 1.5 Juz.
- Revise 60 pages between 20 to 30 Juz. It’s around 2 Juz.
Keep doing this until you Hifz the Quran at your fingertips. Even after that, don’t stop revising. You can decrease the revision frequency but don’t entirely leave it if you want to keep the Holy Quran memorized.
Also, read about how to learn Quran With Tajweed at home.
If you have any query about or want to memorize Quran online, feel free to contact us anytime. We are available 24/7 to assist you with anything related to online Quran learning.